Untitled Header Image Untitled Header Image Untitled Header Image Untitled Header Image Untitled Header Image
 

Speaker Farida Abjani

Add to Your Calendar: 06/01/2022 07:20 06/01/2022 08:00 America/Chicago Speaker Farida Abjani
Farida is the CEO and Co-Founder of Shining Nightingale, INC, a Home Health Agency that has a license to work all over the state of Texas. Farida has a Master’s degree in Arts and a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. Right from child education in developing countries to support the advancement of young women in Texas, Farida is intimately involved with several charities; presently, she is currently on the Advisory board for the Department of Aging and Disability, the Governing Board of Houston Symphony, and UNICEF - South West Region and governing board of KnowAustim. She is and has been a board member of Alliance for Multicultural Community Services, Development in Literacy (DIL), Ek Disha, Texas Executive Women, Fort bend Women Center, and Houston Symphony League. Farida was an ambassador for KnowAutism and was a conversationalist for Table talk 2017.
The one cause that is particularly close to her heart is taking care of the emotional needs of the
chronically and terminally ill patients and their caregivers – thanks to her background in nursing (she graduated from AKUSON with a Diploma in Nursing in 1997, Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from Grand Canyon, and Masters in business administration from Capella University in 2020. During her career, she worked at ICU, cardiac ICU, PACU, and orthopedic PACU) and the moral teachings of her father who taught her that she could only keep 75 percent of her pocket money since the remaining 25 percent had to be given to a charity of her choice.
Farida was honored as Houston's 50 most influential women by Houston's women magazine (2017), 30 most influential women of Houston 2016, was named "IT Girl 2016" and "Women who run Houston" by Houston Chronicle (2016) which recognizes women for their successful career as well as Philanthropic efforts. She was also honored with “Friends of Charities” award by the Indian American Charity Foundation (2016).

View Event Details

Sugar Creek Country Club Exchange Club of Sugar Land [email protected] false MM/DD/YYYY aUinrLWZczwYavqgBmQP30959

Date – Time

June 1, 2022 – 7:20 AM - 8:00 AM

Location

Sugar Creek Country Club
420 Sugar Creek Blvd
Sugar Land, TX 77478 US

Additional Information

Farida is the CEO and Co-Founder of Shining Nightingale, INC, a Home Health Agency that has a license to work all over the state of Texas. Farida has a Master’s degree in Arts and a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. Right from child education in developing countries to support the advancement of young women in Texas, Farida is intimately involved with several charities; presently, she is currently on the Advisory board for the Department of Aging and Disability, the Governing Board of Houston Symphony, and UNICEF - South West Region and governing board of KnowAustim. She is and has been a board member of Alliance for Multicultural Community Services, Development in Literacy (DIL), Ek Disha, Texas Executive Women, Fort bend Women Center, and Houston Symphony League. Farida was an ambassador for KnowAutism and was a conversationalist for Table talk 2017.
The one cause that is particularly close to her heart is taking care of the emotional needs of the
chronically and terminally ill patients and their caregivers – thanks to her background in nursing (she graduated from AKUSON with a Diploma in Nursing in 1997, Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from Grand Canyon, and Masters in business administration from Capella University in 2020. During her career, she worked at ICU, cardiac ICU, PACU, and orthopedic PACU) and the moral teachings of her father who taught her that she could only keep 75 percent of her pocket money since the remaining 25 percent had to be given to a charity of her choice.
Farida was honored as Houston's 50 most influential women by Houston's women magazine (2017), 30 most influential women of Houston 2016, was named "IT Girl 2016" and "Women who run Houston" by Houston Chronicle (2016) which recognizes women for their successful career as well as Philanthropic efforts. She was also honored with “Friends of Charities” award by the Indian American Charity Foundation (2016).